helping you remember SAT definitions... the dirty way

abase


          abase – (v) to lower or reduce (as in reputation)

for your edification:  “abase is comprised of “a” and “base.”  Cool.  There are bases in baseball, but those are not the bases to which I am referring.  I’m referring to good old-fashioned 1st through 3rd, (or 1st through home if you’re truly naughty!) that reside on/in the human body.  Your grandma says that in her day, boys used to round her bases under the bleachers in the school gym during pep rallies.  You never thought Nana would abase herself in such a manner, did you?  Well, she did, the old minx.  She lowered herself.  She sure did.


examplification - Patty:  No, DirkI’m not going to abase myself by letting you get to a base with me.  Well, maybe first base (who am I kidding - I’ll probably let you round second), but definitely not third.

Dirk:  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment