helping you remember SAT definitions... the dirty way

dictator


        dictator (n.) – a person exercising absolute control over others

for your edification:  I don’t know why I had such a hard time remembering this one in high school since it’s so easy.*  I had a teacher who always used to say “This isn’t a democracy, it’s a dictatorship.”  I think probably I had a hard time remembering the definition of this word because it’s kind of a dick move to announce that you’re a total dick, and I didn’t think my teacher was the kind of guy who would do that.  As it turns out, he was.  That’s actually how you can remember this word:  a dictator is a person exercising absolute control over others.  In other words, a dictator is a total dick.  Get it?  He was being a dick-tator.  That’s not hard to remember at all. 

* Some argue that an even easier way to remember this word is that age-old tale about the rudest potato in the sack who tries to boss around all other potatoes, controlling them, and being a total tyrant to those other spuds.  You know the one I’m talking about, right?  The dick tater?  I just don’t feel comfortable with this one as I don’t like to degrade or disparage any members of the tuber species.  But, you know, do what you need to do.

ExamplificationPaco:  Jeeth, Wanda.  Get off your high horsth.  This is exthactly why no one can thand you.  You act like sutch a dictator all the time.

Mean Wanda:  Can you stop chewing your Big Mac for five seconds when you want to converse with people?  You’re literally spitting mustard-covered cow parts all over my face right now.  Sit up straight, too.

Paco:  Sometimes people call you a dictator since you’re so controlling and all, but that’s kind of a nice, fancy way of telling you you’re a titanic bitch.

Mean Wanda:  Seriously.  Sit up, Paco.  You look like the sad, ugly kid on a scoliosis brochure.

Paco:  I’ve been told I could model.  I’ve never considered the disease brochure market.  Maybe you’re not as horrible as everyone thinks, after all.

Mean Wanda:  Oh God.

No comments:

Post a Comment