helping you remember SAT definitions... the dirty way

fallacious


              fallacious (adj.) – misleading; deceptive

for your edification:  Well this one’s just fantastic – almost like a universal truth.  I know that you are (or have been) in a literature class.  Certainly, at some point in your career as a literature student, you have encountered phallic symbols.  Of course you have – maybe the protagonist is riding a huge rocket, or perhaps he’s wielding his slippery sword with bravado.  I dunno.  Maybe the female character in the otherwise humdrum story you were supposed to read on Tuesday night (but didn’t because America’s Next Top One-Legged Pie Chef was on) spent six paragraphs describing in detail the banana she was craving.  It wasn’t a banana!  He wasn’t riding a rocket!  It’s not literally a sword!  It’s a phallic symbol, shaped like a phallus.  After that introduction, we can now relate this to our word:  fallacious.  That word, fallacious, sounds an awful lot like phallus, doesn’t it?  Okay:  stick with me.  I have a rhetorical question for you here.  What percent of men worldwide do you think are misleading others about their size of their rocket/sword/banana?  I’d conjecture that 98% of worldwide men are deceptive regarding their rocket size.  They are fallacious regarding their phallus.  Phallusacious, if you will.  No – don’t.  Just say fallacious instead.


examplification -  Muffy:  Um, wow.  You know that guy Rod Johnson in our physics class?

Mitzi:  Totally.   He’s a legend.

Muffy:  My friend, no.  I let him take me to the Tastee Shack last Saturday night, and I can now personally attest that Big Rod’s name is completely deceptive.  I was duped into a date based on fallacious information. 

Mitzi:  We were all misled by the case of the Fallacious Phallus.

Muffy:  Hey, look!  There goes Peter Longwood!  Peter!

No comments:

Post a Comment