helping you remember SAT definitions... the dirty way

laud


        laud (v.) – to praise

for your edification:  Oh, Lawd!  You look fabulous.  Oh, Lawd!  You make my toes curl and my small intestine jiggle excitedly.  Oh, Lawd!  You put the good in “Good Lord,” you honey nuggets of golden sunbeams, you!  Oh, Lawd!  If I praise you any more, the amount of praise I’m heaping upon you will procreate and make more praise and that praise will make praise babies and those praise babies will throw their praise around to every other piece of praise that gives them the time of day.  Praise the Lawd!  I don’t know how to express in any more ways that laud sounds like “lawd”, and that means praise.

examplification -  Skinny Jim:  Sweet Lawd, girl!  You’re lookin’ like a succulent Thanksgiving turkey thigh baked lovingly by my dearly departed Nana - God rest her soul.  You gotta lotta shake in your bake, don’t you?  You sizzle like the Sizzler.

Paula:  I don’t understand the meaning of the words that you say.

Skinny Jim:  Nothing but laud, girl.  PraiseLaud.  Love.

Paula:  Let’s maybe spend some not talking for a while.

Skinny Jim:  Like, making out?

Paula:  No.  Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment