helping you remember SAT definitions... the dirty way

bombastic


            bombastic (adj.) – pompous; inflated; pretentious

for your edification:  This one was always easy for me, too, because there was a dopeass song from long ago (aah, the 90s.  The good ole days.) called “Mr. Boombastic”,  and it was completely ridiculous and inflated and…well, let me just give you a small sampling of the lyrical magic of Shaggy’s “Mr. Boombastic”:  “She call me Mr. Boombastic, say me fantastic, touch me on me butt, she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic.”  It’s really good, isn’t it?  Like, really good in a pompously inflated and pretentious way, right?  Anyway, if you know this song, use it to your advantage.  Dominate the definition of bombastic. In fact, do yourself a favor:  go download the song.  Best 99 cents you’ll ever spend.  


If that doesn’t help you, I’ll propose another angle to assist you in remembering this one.  Know anybody that still says “the bomb?”  Or, even anyone who is so completely pretentious that they drop the “the” and just throw the word “bomb” out there, as in:  “Sweet Lord, that cheesy burrito supreme was bomb!”  Yeah?  Well, they’re bombasticIt’s a stupid, pretentious word to say.  It’s “bomb-ass tic”, eh?  Anybody that says “bomb” is a total “bomb ass.”  Bombastic.


examplification Sneaky Pete :  Yo, G!  Check out my bomb ass new watch, yo.  I got it from that bomb dude that sells watches out of his coat, homie!  I’m rockin’ a Rolex, yo! Your Timex is wack, yo!  This piece is fly!  I am so fly!  I am bomb, yo!

Tiny Tina:  You’re an ass, yo!

Crystal:  A bombastic ass, yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment