helping you remember SAT definitions... the dirty way

tangential


       tangential (adj.) – digressive; only slightly connected to subject at hand

for your edification:  I love this word so much.  Most of the love I feel for this word comes from the fact that 96% of all people who read it will pronounce our word: “tan genital.”  I think that’s great.  If I am ever talking to someone, let’s say we’re at a party - no, wait - we’re not at a party; let’s say we’re at a breakfast meeting.  You know what I love to eat at breakfast meetings?  Chocolate chip pancakes.  I love when restaurants throw the chocolate chips into the batter and don’t just decorate the surface of the…what’s that?  I’m going off on a tangent?  You’re right!  I was totally digressing away from the subject at hand.  That is completely like me to be tangentialSorry, pal.  Back to the subject at hand:  when people pronounce the word “tangentialtan genital, it makes my week.  I, of course, cannot concentrate when they have meant to say “tan-jen-shull” because all I can think about then is someone cruising into the tanning bed ready to give their genitals a nice golden glow.  My mind digresses, but it digresses in such a great way.  I really could go for some chocolate chip pancakes later.  Maybe cap off breakfast with some genital tanning.  Yeah.  That’d make for a pretty nice Wednesday.

Examplification- Sneaky PeteI am so mad.  I’m failing algebra again.

Dirk:  This is like the third time you’ve taken it.  What is going on?

Sneaky Pete:  Well, I try to pay attention, but then my mind just starts wandering and instead of thinking about integers, some tan genital subject pops into my head.

Dirk:  Dude.  Whose tan genitals are you thinking about?  Are you picturing me with tan genitals right now?

Sneaky Pete:  No, you idiot.  Tan genital.  It means, like, digressing.

Dirk:  Sorry, chief.  You’re going for tangential.  Now you’ve got my mind wandering.  You think Crystal’s gens are tan?

Sneaky Pete:  I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment