helping you remember SAT definitions... the dirty way

brusque


       brusque (adj.) – blunt; rough; rude in manner of speech

for your edification:  Doesn’t the word “brusque” (pronounced "broosk") just sound like it’s going to be rude and rough?  It’s not like a pretty word or anything.  Anyone who is brusque is going to b’rude (see what we did there?).  You ever hear anyone ask for a “brewskie”?  Well, imagine the person that says “brewskie” is a little blunt – a little rough around the edges.  It’s not like that person is like, “Lovie darling, will you please be a little baby duckling and proffer me a fermented alcoholic beverage comprised of malt, hops, sugar and water?”  No.  Old, blunt Rudey McRudernuts is going to just roughly say, “Hey!  Throw me a brewskie!”  How brusque, if I do say so myself!


examplification Tiny Tina:  I’m definitely going to Prom with Oxface McGillicutty.  All my friends say his rude manners are totally brusque, but watching him place third in the Brewskie Olympics slash Tractor Pull was a total turn on.”

Gina:  Getcha some.

No comments:

Post a Comment