helping you remember SAT definitions... the dirty way

acme


              acme (n.) – the highest point

for your edification:  This one is kind of stupid.  Acme sounds a lot like acne, doesn’t it?  I don’t know about you, but when I have acne, I’m at my lowest point.  Like, when I am acne-free, my confidence reaches is acme(I now interrupt this broadcast for a very important message on self-esteem:  Having a decorative smattering of zits should absolutely not determine your self-image.  How ‘bout you let your personality determine that?  There’s a lot of really awesome people with a healthy collection of pimples.  If you got ‘em, rock ‘em.  But, just so we can remember the definition of acme, we’ll pretend that acne is the lowest point your face can experience, and an acne-free face is the highest point:  your face’s acme.  Really, though, acne is just one of those things.  Pus-filled kisses from God, if you will.)


examplificationRodrigo:  What's up with Gary?  He's, like, whimpering in the corner.

Birthmark Tony:  I know.  His confidence was sky-high - it reached its acme - after Crystal agreed to go to Baconpalooza with him.  But when he woke up with acne covering his substantial forehead, his confidence plummeted, and it was no longer at its acme.  

Rodrigo:  Dude.  He kinda looks like he has bacon bits on his face.

Birthmark Tony:  That is so harsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment